Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: I HATE HOLLYWOOD

  1. #1
    Inactive Member I_LOVE_KUBRIK's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2000
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    STANLEY KURBRIK HATED HOLYWOOD AND I AGREE!

    it's not made of artists, it's made of lawyers!

    are films are being made by LAWYERS! and that just pisses me off!!!
    i hate hollywood! everything is about the money~~!!!

    stanley kurbik made all his films in england (after he left hollywood)
    he knew that that over-rated hell hole isn't for artists...

    .. so please, all you people who keep talking about hollywood, screw it!!
    you don't need holywood! ..
    ..you need you mind, and your passion!
    and if you really love movies, you will not give up!

    ~ANTI-MTV SUPERSTAR

  2. #2
    Inactive Member tashunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2000
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd have to totally agree with you on that one. Maybe in a slightly less ....uh....hostile way but, nonetheless.
    People need to get a grip. Saying you have to go to hollywood to make movies is rediculous. If you have to make money with movies then you probably belong there but if you want to make films for arts sake, or just the love of filmmaking, you can make movies wherever you are. I'm sure 50 people will comeback saying you need all the connections Hollywood has to offer......I think it's bullshite. You only need those connections to make the glossy, formula driven crap that is churned out on a weekly basis. There are definitely exceptions but very few and far between. I have to say things have been slightly improving though due to the heavy influence independent films have been having lately.

    do what ever you want....just don't say you HAVE to go to Hollywood to make movies...unless you really want to make the next Pauly Shore film...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Matt J Heaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2000
    Posts
    430
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree that you don't have to go to hollywood and that you need mind and passion.

    I do think hollywood films have their place as entertainment for the masses.

    The majority may be bullshit but I'm sure most peoples favourite films are hollywood, mine sure are. I won't bother listing them again.

  4. #4
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    I think most of the wide eyed people who say that they want to get to Hollywood would be eaten alive if they got there.
    Who are your hero's? Robert Rodrigeuz? Tarantino? Sure they got there, and made a couple of films whilst there....but now what?
    What sort of cocaine hell are their lives now? I havent seen anything from either of them for ages....
    If you get there, good luck to you. Keep your nose clean, huh.

  5. #5
    Eliud25
    Guest Eliud25's Avatar

    Post

    I love Hollywood. Hollywood Rocks. Hollywood is the place to be if you want to make it big in America. Hollywood can give an unknown a chance to be known. Hollywood can make you filthy rich. Hollywood is the land of opportunity. Hollywood is what America is all about. Long live Hollywood.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 1999
    Posts
    360
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do u ever get the feeling that Eliud25 works for the Hollywood tourist board?

    www.cashproductions.co.uk

  7. #7
    Mark Jury
    Guest Mark Jury's Avatar

    Post

    Southern California's the place for me too! Don't take it all too seriously people!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •